Zen: The Art of Simple Living
Relax and find happiness amid the swirl of the modern world with this internationally bestselling guide to simplifying your life by a Japanese monk who embodies the wisdom of Zen.
Drawing on centuries of wisdom, renowned Zen Buddhist priest Shunmyo Masuno applies the essence of Zen to modern life in clear, practical, easily adopted lessons – one a day for 100 days. Discover how:
- Lining up your shoes after you take them off can bring order to your life
- Putting down your fork after every bite can help you feel more grateful for what you have
- Spending time barefoot can strengthen your body
- Planting a flower and watching it grow can teach you to embrace change
- Going outside to watch the sunset can make every day feel celebratory
In Zen: The Art of Simple Living, you will learn to find happiness not by seeking out extraordinary experiences but by making small changes – to what you do, how you think, how you interact with others and how you appreciate the present moment. With each task, you will open yourself up to a renewed sense of peace and inner calm.