Marketing & Events Coordinator (Full-time)
Kinokuniya Bookstores of Australia is one of many operations in the Asia Pacific Region. We take pride in our extensive collection of Manga, graphic novels, art and design books, cookbooks, travel books and children’s literature. Kinokuniya Bookstores also hosts and partners many events. As a Marketing and Events Coordinator, you will be responsible for overseeing such events and promoting the brand as a whole on our social media channels. This is an excellent opportunity for a marketing professional looking to gain exposure in the book and publishing industry.
- Work for a renowned multi-national successful retail Company.
- Gain invaluable exposure to all marketing and events functions in this role.
The successful applicant in this role will be responsible for:
- Schedule and execute social media activity and help manage all social media platforms and pages.
- Update new release titles on the corporate website and Webstore, ensuring correct content and price.
- Create e-newsletters for EB, CB and JB newsletter subscribers, and liaise with other relevant stakeholders and external partners to organize content and competitions, producing creative assets for promotions and events.
- Update and manage monthly promotion campaigns and offers on Webstore.
- Update ‘Today’s Features’ on Webstore.
- Manage Google AdWords account.
- Help produce creative assets for promotions, events and marketing campaigns when necessary.
- Support event set up on the day, liaising with relevant managers and external stakeholders where necessary.
- Provide marketing support for gallery exhibitions – liaise with artists for marketing assets where suitable.
- Support Marketing Manager in the promotion and planning of events and post marketing analysis as required.
- Ensure that the Marketing and Events schedule is updated with current information and distribute monthly schedule storewide prior to month commencing.
- Coordinate competitions – draw and notify winners and organise prize fulfilment.
- Prepare and circulate weekly traffic and sales reports
- Assist with marketing related reports
- Circulate the weekly Bookseller and Publisher newsletter.
- Upload weekly Comic new releases on Webstore and print hard copy for the department.
- Distribute ad hoc Marketing Memos, where directed by Marketing Manager
- Support Marketing Manager in executing marketing campaigns as required.
- Ad-hoc duties as required by Marketing Manager.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in utilizing social media platforms to promote brand
- Ability to engage and liaise with various stakeholders, clear cut communication skills
- Demonstrated creativity, initiative and reliability
- Ability to work proactively and gain input collaboratively
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- PC literate in Microsoft Office. Skills in Adobe Photoshop and an understanding of HTML coding would be an advantage
- An understanding of print production terminology (advantageous)
- A degree in Marketing is not essential, but desirable
To discuss this position further please call Human Resources on 8251 4507.
You must have permission to work in Australia (please state your Visa Status in your application, e.g. Australian Citizen, Student Visa. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Sunday, 30th January 2022