English Books Department Assistant Manager
Permanent Full time – 38 hours per week
Kinokuniya Bookstores of Australia is the largest retail bookstore in the Asia Pacific region, with over 80 operations worldwide. Located in the heart of Sydney CBD, we pride ourselves on being the largest bookstore in Australia with expansive space and specialised departments spanning from Comics to Art and Design.
A department floor operations manager is required in our English Books Department.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Staff and performance management
- Training new staff and ongoing training
- Oversee department operations including floor procedures, protocol and stocktaking
- Assignment of day to day staff duties
- Assist Division Manager and HR on staff replacement, rostering and payroll
- Customer Service
- Achieving high standards of department sales
- Returns operations and supervision
- Operational organisation of annual promotions or events
- Attend Department Management meetings
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years of retail management experience
- A passion for books
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and supervisory skills
- Intermediate MS office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience in databases and inventory
Apply now by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note you must have permission to work in Australia and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.